Online library management system project works on intranet which is accessible by students and lecturers from any location inside college surroundings. Basic functionality of this software is to help students to search for books and magazines and study material which are available in college library and students can select books from list and place request for reserving and list of required books and know status of books. This application works on two components users module and librarian module.
Features in Library Management System:
Searching for books through online and get information related to books
Reserve books through intranet application
Get notifications on available books and reminders.
Report generation module helps admin to know about stats of the books and payments for every month.
This application is the integration of librarian components and user components.
Users can get notifications by email about book issue details and reminders.
Functional components of the project
List of functionalities that are required to develop this application is explained below. We can add more functionalities based on our requirement. In order to develop application we need appropriate assumptions to move forward.
Library management system application consists of following users. Students, Library manager,teachers. Each user will have different privileges based on their importance.
- User must have login page as first option to view features of application.
- User can change, modify existing password.
- User must have option to view status of books, journals based on author and subject.
- Booking available books or reserve books taken by other members.
- Cancel existing reservations for particular requested book.
- One must have option to view status of borrowed book and last of submission.
- Requesting admin to buy new books buy providing details of book like author name, book name, subject details.
Download Online Library Management System Project Source Code in Vb.Net with Database, Project Report and Documentation, PPT.