Sales information system project is a java web application which is developed for cement factory to manage stock and sales reports. This application will save time in analysing sales.
The functionalities included in the Sales Information System
1. Order Fulfilment Process:
Orders will be taken by Sales representatives from Stockiest /Customer in their corresponding districts and they will send the orders to Branch offices. In Branch office the orders will be accepted basing on the previous details of the customer/ stockist, i.e., there will be some credit limits for each customer/stockist and while order acceptance credit limit will be checked if the amount for the ordered quantity exceeds the limit given to customer/stockist then that order will be sent to Regional office otherwise the order will be sent to Plant Or SPO for dispatch.
The orders from Regional office can be either approved or can be rejected, all the approved orders will be sent to Plant Or SPO for dispatch.
All the approved orders will be delivered by keeping track of the Vehicle details & generating gate passes.
In order fulfilment two departments play a major role they are
2) Branch logistics
Marketing: Marketing people will bring orders from stockist/customers.
Order Entry: Here marketing department enters the details of orders. Here the system allows multiple delivery locations for one single order.
Integration part with DSS: The order entries will be input for Branch Logistics in DSS, order processing & source for dispatch will be identified here. Once this order is processed & approved.
All the orders processed & approved will be input for sales information system, i.e., the dispatch for these orders will be made from this sales information system
Plant/SPO: If the order is assigned to plant all the details of vehicles carrying the goods are registered and gate/in pass is generated. If the order is assigned to SPO, only the lorry number and contractor name are registered then the gate pass is generated.
Invoice: Finally plant distributor will generate the Invoice. This invoice generation will depend on the pricing structure.
2. Stocks Maintenance
This function will keep track on the stock, provides options to record the stock produced by a particular plant, also provides options to record stock at Stock Point Office and regular updates on dispatch either from Plant or Stock Point Office. The following are the functionalities
Transfer of Goods: This is a kind of Order where the goods will be transferred from place to Stock Point Office, here the request for transfer will between from
- Plant to Stock Point Office.
- Stock Point Office to Stock Point Office.
- Stock Point Office to stockist.
- Plant to stockist.
Stock Adjustments: During the transfer of goods, the stock in particular locations will be increased or reduced. These transactions will be updated into stock details and all the adjustments will be taken care in the system.
Loss of Stock (LOS): while goods transfer and from one location to another and at the time of unloading there may be some loss of stock such as loss due to damage in the packing, or missing of baggage or loosely packed or Loss on transit i.e., abnormal loss etc. This kind of loss on stock can be recorded and adjusted in the stocks.
Approval on LOS: This system provides options for approving the loss of stock. After the details of the LOS are entered into the system the approving authorities will check and approve them.
3. Pricing Structure
This is most essential process for generating invoice on the orders. This process involves in calculating price basing on various other factors, the pricing depends on the following
- Freight: This is the freight charge for sending the goods to the destination this freight differs for Rail & Road. The freight for Road & Rail will again depend on the following routes.
o Road freight from Plant to Stock Point Office, Stock Point Office to Stockist, Plant to stockist will differ
- Rail this can be only from Plant to Stock Point Office
- Diversion cost.
- Handling Charges: Changes that happen while loading & unloading of goods.
- Discounts: All the discounts given on the order to the customer/stockist, types of discounts are Cash, Quantity, Price difference, Incentive & General.
- Variable cost: Cost to produce a product from a particular plant.
- Packing Cost: The packing cost per ton.
- Canvassing commission: This is the discount given to Non-trade Type i.e, discounts on Public Parties.
- Sales Tax: This depends on the state to state.
- Excise Duty: Excise duty on the goods.
- Diversion Cost: The cost that will be affected when the material is directly unloaded at customer/stockiest place from Plant without moving to SPO.
- Price: The actual market sales price of the product per bag.
Price for each ton will be calculated depending on the above values and the invoice will be prepared for the dispatched goods.
4.The Access Control Levels (ACL)
Access Control Levels, this system has total control over the options and limited access to the options by the end users, by implementing ACL in the system no unauthorized access can be done on the system.
There are various types of users who will access the system from various locations, to control the access restriction for each user the system will maintain each option with a unique identification, and each user logs into the system will be given only those options he is allowed to access.
Some of the options and types of users are given below.
Corporate Users: Can access all options in the system.
Regional Office Users: Can access all branches that come under the Region.
Branch Office Users: Can access all districts that come under the branch.
Stock Point Office: At Stock Point Office the following options will be available to the user
- Order dispatching
- Invoice Generation
- Stock Receiving from Plant
- Stock Receiving from Stock Point Office
- Stock Sending to Stock Point Office
- Stock Adjustments
Plants: At Plant the following options will be available to the user
- Dispatch of Orders
- Stock sending to Stock Point Office
- Invoice Generation
- Stock Updation
Download Sales information System Project source code in java with project report.