Web portal for Managing manufacturing process project is a java application developed for manufacturing companies to manage stock , products, parts , dealers , suppliers, users, product stock , bill of material and report generation.
Project Modules Overview:
Thus the system is divided into loosely coupled sub-systems as detailed below.
The First Sub-system :
- The System stores the Stock details of finished Products held with the Company.
- The System stores the details of all the Dealers.
- The System stores the details of the finished products (henceforth called Products) held with the Dealers.
- The daily Sales figures of the Products are used to update the details of the products with the dealers.
- The System stores the Orders for Products from the Dealers.
- A “Production Schedule” is generated for the Production Department based on the Orders placed & current stocks of finished Products held with the Company.
- Once finished Products are received from the Production Department, the stocks of finished Products with the Company are updated.
- If an Order is dispatched, the Stocks held with the Company are updated (remove the dispatched stocks from the stock held) & the Order status is changed as delivered. This also updates the Stocks held with the Dealers.
The Second Sub-system :
- The System stores the Stock details of Raw Materials held with the Company.
- The System stores the details of all the Suppliers.
- The System stores the rates quoted by the Suppliers for each Raw Material or Part required for Production.
- The System stores the Bill-Of-Materials for each Product, which is used to calculate the Raw Materials required for the Production Schedule.
- The daily figures of the consumed Raw Materials that are issued to the Production Department are used to update the details of the Raw Material held with the Company.
- Based on the “Production Schedule” passed by the first sub-system, a “Parts Indent or Requirements Order” is generated for Ordering the Raw Materials required from the Suppliers.
- Based on the “Requirements Order Report” passed on by the First Sub-system, a “Quotations intimation” is generated & is sent to the Registered Suppliers as email message.
- The System provides for the Suppliers to quote their rates online using their Login & Passwords.
- From the quotations a Report is generated showing all the Quotations. This Report has an option, which enables the Staff to Confirm the Order to the Suppliers.
- If confirmed an email is sent to the Suppliers with the Details & the status of the requirement is changed to reflect the order confirmation.
- An option is provided to generate an Event, which informs the Administrator about the Order details if it is not the lowest Quotation.
- Once Raw Materials are received from the Suppliers, the stocks of Raw Materials with the Company are updated & the Order status is changed as Received.
- If Raw Materials are issued to the Production Department, the Stocks held with the Company are updated (remove the issued stocks from the stock held).
Programming Language : Java
Backend Database : Oracle/SQL Server/MY SQL/MS Access
Download Web Portal for Managing Manufacturing Process Project source code, project report.