Aim of the study
The aim of Effect of Characteristics of Web Piercing At Comber on Quality of Yarn Project is
- Quantify the characteristics of web piecing by analysing image of web taken at the piecing area.
- Relate the web piecing characteristics with the piecing index and fiber characteristics
- Relate the web piecing characteristics with yarn quality.
- Find the optimum web piecing characteristics which yield better yarn quality.
- The work plan to achieve the above objectives involves, Altering the profile of combed web overlap by altering the piecing index. Carrying out study with two different fiber lengths
- Capture the image of overlapped portion of web and quantify the characteristics of overlapping such as over lapping length.
- Study the properties of comber sliver and yarn for different piecing indices and relating them with piecing characteristics.
Summary And Conclusion:
To study the effect of piecing length on yarn properties, samples were prepared from two mixings viz., 20 Ne and 40 Ne at different piecing lengths viz., -1.0, -0.5, 0, +0.5, +1.0. The images of overlapped fringes were captured at the above experimental conditions. The images could not be analysed by using image processing method due to the limitations of the image captured.
Hence, the overlapped fringe length was measured manually. The yarn samples Were prepared at the above experimental conditions and were tested for evenness Properties. It is concluded that
1. The 20 Ne yarn produced from 20 Ne mixings (2.5% span length of 27.9 mm) has better quality in terms of U%, thin thick places, neps and Classified yarns at -0.5 piecing index. The comber sliver U% is also lower at this piecing index.
2. The 40 Ne yarn produced from 40 Ne mixings (2.5% span length of 29 mm) has better quality in terms of U%, thin thick places, neps and classified yarns at -0.5 and 0 piecing index. The comber sliver U% is also lower at this piecing index.
3. The comber sliver U% can be considered as a measure to optimize the piecing index. The lower comber U% yields better quality yarn.
Download Effect of Characteristics of Web Piercing At Comber on Quality of Yarn Project Report
Scope For the Study:
1. The image of the overlapped fringes can be captured in such a way to be processed by image processing technique.
2. More number of samples from different mixings can be studied to find the relationship between the fiber length and piecing index